The Brown Girl Chronicles


Hello World!

In the 4 years I've been writing on this blog I don't think that I've ever posted a picture of my face on here. The fact that I've had this blog for this long is amazing to me but I think this is the year that I am going to find my voice and create some posts that are interesting to me and hopefully to anyone reading.

First off I want to talk about the origin of my blog. Once upon a time, I wanted to be a fashion designer and live in New York City and have my own line of clothes. But after a talk with extended family members telling me that a career in fashion design was competitive and difficult I changed my aspirations to that of a fashion journalist - still living in NYC of course but I'd be working for a big fashion magazine. Then came high school and I settled for a career in journalism and those are the courses that I've been taking in college.

On July 3rd, 2014 I decided that I wanted to start putting my own work out into the world with a blog and sobeelove was born! My first ever post was about clothes, I'm pretty sure it was a piece on affordable shopping. Here is a link if you are interested in reading what 16 year old me was thinking about.

Since then my thoughts about what I want to do have slightly changed... I don't think I'll be in a career in fashion anytime soon. Although I appreciate a good outfit and I try to follow the latest trends I don't see that being my career. But if the opportunity presented itself I would take it. Although the goal still is to move to NYC. That's been my dream place to live for as long as I can remember.

And with the thoughts on my overall life changing so has the intent of the blog. When I first started this blog I was younger and naive and expected to be Internet famous even though I posted inconsistently and my content wasn't inspired or anything that I truly enjoyed. I remember thinking of posts that I thought would be interesting or gain a lot of traffic but with my lack of social media and marketing skills, I wasn't very successful.

This year my main goal is to write things that are true to me and who I am as a person hence my new series of posts titled: The Brown Girl Chronicles. I want to start writing about my life experiences as a brown girl from Pennsylvania who dreams of living in NYC and everything in between.

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles