Music of the Month: What's on my Spotify playlist?


2018 has been a year of new beginnings for me. This year I feel like I have more control of my life and I am learning to navigate and figure out what I like and what I don't. 

This also includes music and lately, I've been into more indie and R&B music. I managed to create a playlist with songs that fall into these genres as well as some other artists that fit the vibe. Speaking of vibes, I call this my "Good Vibes" playlist.


Here are some of my favorites from the album!

Kyra Skye
Kyra is an Ithaca College student originally from Nyack, NY. My amazing and talented friend recorded and produced her own EP in the span of a month. Formerly a member in the band Izzy True she debuted her solo career with her Summer Nights EP.  Each song on her EP is very personal and special, a nice in your feels song is "Dancing in the Rain".


Smallpools is a US-based indie pop band that formed in 2013. The band consists of Sean Scanlon, Mike Kamerman, and Beau Kuther. 

A favorite of mine is on their album Lovetap!, the song called "Dreaming".



Isobel Beardshaw, better known as Izzy Bizu, is an English singer-songwriter signed to Epic Records. Bizu has garnered mainstream radio support from BBC Radio 1's Annie Mac and Phil Taggart and BBC Radio 1Xtra's Trevor Nelson. 

A good song to bop your head to is "Talking to You" on her album A Moment of Madness.


Two Door Cinema Club are an Irish indie rock band from Bangor and Donaghadee in County Down, Northern Ireland. The band formed in 2007 and is composed of three members: Alex Trimble, Sam Halliday, and Kevin Baird. 

Their song "Something Good Can Work" on their Tourist History album has been a great jam to sing along to in the shower.


Lianne Charlotte Barnes, known professionally as Lianne La Havas, is a British singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. Her career began after being introduced to various musicians and singer Paloma Faith, for whom she sang backing vocals. 

"Green & Gold" from her Blood album has been the song that I will play and immediately makes me feel empowered.


James Gabriel Wanderson Keogh, better known by his stage name Vance Joy, is an Australian singer and songwriter. He signed a five-album deal with Atlantic Records in 2013. He released his debut EP God Loves You When You're Dancing in March 2013. 

In his album Dream My Life Away, famously known for his song "Riptide" also contains many hidden gems like "Fire and the Flood".


Let me know what music you've been listening too lately in the comments below! Be sure to check out all the artists I mentioned and share this post if you liked it!


Disclaimer: Most of the artists' bios were taken from Wikipedia and are not my own thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles