Valentine's Day aka Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D.)



As a veteran of the single person life, I know a thing or two about Valentine's Day. Each year it's a day where couples can get together and shower their loved ones with gifts and affection. But why do single people let this day make them bitter and upset?

I like to think that Valentine's Day is the one day that couples get to be obnoxious about their affection to their partner without too much judgment. Besides their anniversary couples don't get to be gushy about their partners without someone judging them for it.

As a single person, I realize the purpose of this "holiday" and choose to let it inspire me instead of making me bitter. I like to think that one day I strive to be in a healthy relationship so that we can celebrate together.

Also with each passing year that I'm single, I choose to live the person that's always been there for me, me. Self-love is the kind of love I choose to demonstrate on Valentine's Day. Which to be honest is the most important love of all.

So if you ever find yourself alone on Valentine's Day remember to "treat yo'self" and send yourself flowers and candy while taking a nice relaxing bath with a face mask on. Live your best life all by yourself!

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles