Thrusday Thoughts: Invisible Friend



Have you ever felt invisible in a room full of people?

I'm not talking about in a room full of strangers. I'm referring to a gathering of friends or family. A place that isn't foreign but you don't feel like you belong.

For a while now, I have felt that I am an invisible friend. I am the friend that no one sees or hears about but I am there for you most of the time.

I am your helping hand or your shoulder to cry on. I sit in silence as you pour out your soul, I am supportive and generous and invest so much time into our friendship. 

But - in the world of social media, I usually am not the friend that you go on fun trips with or that you put on your story. I am not the friend that you post about or tag in photos.

I am not ungrateful to be your friend but I can't to help but feel unwanted or unappreciated when I am helping you through all of your rough times but there are other people you choose to highlight in your life.

These thoughts may be rooted in jealousy but is it so bad that I would like some recognition? But I guess social media is all about appearances and I must not fit your mold of what you want to portray as your life.

Although some people choose to look at social media as a highlight reel of your life, so excuse me if I am offended that I am not part of that.



Photograph Credit: 
unsplash-logoDarren Chan

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles