Hair Care Routine

Before I start I wanted to give some background info on my hair. I have fairly long and really curly hair so some of the products I use may have varying results. And as a result of my hair being so long and curly I wash it once a week. Washing it several times a week isn't realistic since the washing/drying/straightening process takes about 2 hours.

When starting the washing process I usually start off with a hair mask. When my hair is particularly dry I like to put in the hair mask to put some nutrients back in my hair. 
DIY hair mask:
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise 
- 1 egg
Mix the mayonnaise and raw egg in a bowl, for extra added nutrients add in a slice of avocado. The consistency of the mask should be thick,if the avocado is added, if not the mixture should be more of a liquid. After you get the right consistency apply the mask all throughout your hair. Leave it in for 15-20  minutes and then wash out. Warning this mask does not smell the best so be mindful of that.

After leaving the mask in for 20 minutes I wash it out and continue with shampoo and conditioner. 
I recently just bought the John Frieda Frizz Ease shampoo & conditioner. The claims of this product are that it eliminates frizz. After using both of these products I think it holds true to its claims. My hair is frizz free and has an added shine. I would definitely would recommend this product to anyone with frizz problems it works!

When wearing my hair curly I will usually towel dry & comb through my curls. Sometimes my hair gets really tangled and I will detangle it using a spray bottle filled with half parts water and half parts conditioner. Spray a little on tangled area brush from tips to roots and my hair is tangle free! 

Then to hold in the curls I will use some Treseme defining gel. This holds my curls in for the day and doesn't get hard.
That's it for my hair care routine!

Live ~Laugh~Love 

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles