Feliz día de Los Reyes


For anyone reading my blog this lovely January evening, thank you! Many of you may not know that I am of Latin American descent. I am half Puerto Rican and half Dominican, for anyone that may not know these are Latin American countries that are in the Caribbean in between North and South America.

I live in America with both my parents and my sister and we tend to slip away from our culture while living in America. Most people tend to adapt to the things around them after a while and I feel like we have fallen into this rut.

El "día de Los Reyes" or Three Kings Day is celebrated in most Latin American countries. Instead of celebrating Christmas with Santa Claus coming down the chimney, they celebrate the Kings who visited Jesus after his birth and brought him presents. So on January 6th (as opposed to December 25th) the three Kings will bring the presents to the Children.


 This year we decided to celebrate and participate in this lovely holiday. As I said we do live in America which implies that we celebrate Christmas, which we do. We celebrate the birth of Jesus and give a bunch of presents to each other. So with this being said, Three kings day being a few weeks after we decided to make it simple and buy one gift for each other.

Down below are a few pictures of what my sister got for me. In no way am I trying to brag or show off but I really liked these pieces of jewelry that she got for me and wanted to share it with you!





I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me and my clear pictures (as opposed to fuzzy/blurry ones).

What holiday did you celebrate? Let me know in the comments!
Live~Laugh~Love

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles