7 Things to do this Summer

 It's July, despite the fact that back-to-school commercials are on you can still enjoy the rest of your summer. Here are 7 things to do this summer...

1. Build a Fort

As a teenager sometimes I forget that I'm still young and doing childish things are acceptable. So pull out the cushions from your couch, grab some blankets and pillows and make your own fort! Invite a sibling or friend to enjoy a movie in your new "home".

2. Make S'mores

Easy campfire fun and delicious snack. All you need are graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. Roast marshmallows over a hot fire, place on cracker add chocolate and another graham cracker to seal the deal. If you don't have a fire pit but you have a gas stove....Roast some marshmallows over the stove, just make sure you don't burn the house down.

3. Go Swimming

Beach, Lake or Pool. Anywhere where you can swim and have fun. Many beaches have free admission and lakes are pretty accessible (at least where I live) and pools are pretty much everywhere.

4. Go Zip-lining

Try something new and exciting. Although some of you may be afraid of heights and reluctant to try this, I PROMISE you that this is an amazing experience. Coming from someone that is deathly afraid of heights, zip lining is an amazing experience. It almost feels like your flying.

5. Host a Luau Party
 
Make some fruit kabobs and tropical drinks. Have grass skirts and leis for people to wear and for added fun have a water balloon fight. Perfect way to have fun and cool off on a hot summers day.

6. Read a book

During this digital age, reading a 140 character tweet is more interesting than a 140 paged book. Go to the bookstore and skim around for a book and find somewhere to read. One of my close friends got me this book for my birthday and I have to say it's beautifully written with a relatable story and characters.

7. Road Trip
 
Explore your city/state/province and discover something new. Last weekend I walked around the downtown area of my town and discovered a wonderful café & creperie that serves the best Nutella Mocha.

**Just wanted to make a not that all of the pictures used are not mine, I found these images on pinterest, check my boards here**

If you try anything new let me know :)
 
Live ~Laugh~Love
 

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles