Graduating High School


At this point, it has been five days since I graduated high school, and to be honest it doesn't seem real. It doesn't seem real that a place where I have learned about myself and grown so much as a person, is a place I will never attend. 

Over these last 12 years, I have been surrounded by the same people. Over the last 18 years, I have lived in the same house, same neighborhood. It amazes me that this large chapter of my life has now been closed. 

It may seem cliche, but these past few years I've been wanting school to end so I can go to college but I never realized what leaving high school meant. Leaving high school means that I have to leave my friends behind. I have to leave my sister behind. I have to leave my parents. 

Although college is new and exciting, it's an uncharted, new thing I've never truly experienced before. Sure I've been to cap during the summer, but that's only ever been a few weeks away from my family. I've also never really moved or been anywhere besides where I live right now.

A common theme of what I saw as people signed my yearbook was "to have fun and experience new things". In high school, I was very involved in clubs and school events but I was never involved socially. In college, I'm going to say yes more to going out to lunch or hanging out with friends. Although school is important it's also equally important to have fun.

One thing that I did not do in high school that I will definitely do in college is to be myself! The first few years of college i tried to blend in and become what the people wanted (which sucked by the way). It took me until senior year of high school to be myself and not care about people, and you know what? People accepted me for who I was! I have made so many friends in this last year than in the other three years of high school. And these people truly like me for me.

And to all my fellow classmates, I will miss you greatly. We will keep in touch. But this is our time to move on and discover ourselves, become who we truly are. these last 12 years have been practice for the real world. I know you'll be fine. You are the most ambitious, dedicated and hard-working people I have ever met. Your drive or your passions will get you far! Love you guys.

Live ~Laugh~Love 

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles