Practicing Mindfulness during Quarantine

Photo by Aarón Blanco Tejedor on Unsplash
The novel coronavirus has seemingly shut down the world. Everyone has been staying inside whether it be with family, friends, a partner, or alone. These past few months have been challenging for all of us, no matter how comfortable you are with being at home. Over these last few weeks of quarantine, I have developed somewhat of a social regimen that has allowed me to stay sane.

Netflix with Friends

For those that don't know there is a chrome extension that allows people to watch Netflix at the same time. Since discovering this I have since downloaded the extension had had had weekly movie nights with my friends. This has been great because there is a chat feature that allows all the viewers to comment in real-time. My friends and I have used this feature to the fullest when watching movies.

Zoom Parties

At this point, if you haven't heard of Zoom you might be living under a rock! Zoom has been a great video chatting service that allows you to chat and share your screen with others and more. I've had many virtual hangouts with friends and even played some good games of socially distant Kahoots.

Meditation

Although my house is a comfortable and safe place, this has been an overall stressful time. I have been practicing meditation and breathing exercises to try and mitigate some stress and anxiety I've been feeling. I follow guided meditations on Youtube for sleep and anxiety.

Social Distant Walks

Obviously staying in the house is the safest thing to do to flatten the curve but if and when you want to leave, try taking a walk. Going around your neighborhood is a good way to get outside and get some fresh air. I will sometimes coordinate with a friend and facetime during a walk.


If you've been doing other things during quarantine I'd love to hear them :)

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three: Scolarships

Part Two: College Admission Tests

2022 Quarantine Chronicles